California Construction Defect Center the premier construction defect homeowners advocates in the State of California.
The California Construction Defect Center’s biggest problem with identifying common construction defects in a new single family home subdivision, a townhouse project or condominium development is new homeowners infrequently talk to each other or if they do it is unlikely they will mention a water leak, defective wood siding or cracked stucco.
Common Construction Defects in Single Family Home Subdivisions, Townhouse or Condominiums in California:
- Water leaks because of improperly installed or defective siding.
- Improperly installed windows that create water leaks.
- Exterior doors that were improperly installed that lead to water leaks.
- Exterior drainage issues the builder failed to address.
- Defective roofs that were improperly flashed, or installed and or defective roofing material or flashing.
- Foundation cracks or foundations that are not level.
- Homes, townhouses or condominiums that now have mold because the building was not protected during the framing process.
- Wood flooring, appliances, or heating/cooling systems that were improperly installed or that are defective.
- Improperly installed or defective wood fascia board or wood trim.
- Improper exterior calking of exterior siding that leads to water leaks.
For more information about these construction defects, please visit our Investigations page.
Americas Watchdog is one of the largest and most influential private consumer groups in the United States focused on homeowners issues. When innocent homeowners, or consumers are duped by a home builder, Americas Watchdog’s California Construction Defect Center will get involved in assisting the victims of Construction Defects in every way possible.